Matthew performs regularly on the Hungarian cimbalom and American/Appalachian hammered dulcimer. Some of the standard repertoire for cimbalom with orchestra that he has most recently performed includes Stravinsky's Ragtime and Kodály's Háry János Suite (more listed below).
He also particularly enjoys finding folk music tunes from Eastern Europe, Middle East, Ireland, Egypt (Laylit Houb performed with Clocks in Motion Percussion), and India and creating arrangements for them for the American hammered dulcimer and percussion group.
Additionally, he has premiered new works for solo hammered dulcimer (ex. Torgue by Bjorn Berkhout or Dulci by Neil Thornock).
Go below to see and hear media from some of these performances, and more can be found on SoundCloud and YouTube. Contact Matthew if you are interested in hiring him to perform on cimbalom and/or American hammered dulcimer. He is regularly touring with a percussion group or visiting universities to perform the world music program mentioned above.
Cimbalom/Dulcimer with Orchestra or Wind Ensemble
- Fantasia Concertante for Two Cimbaloms and Wind Ensemble - Csemiczky Miklos
- Concerto in C Major (Cimbalom [originally for Cello] and Piano or Orchestra) - Joseph Haydn
- Háry János Suite - Zoltán Kodály (Orchestra, Piano, or Percussion Ensemble [arrangements of Mvts. III. Song and V. Intermezzo available from M. Coley])
- Concertante No. 3 for Dulcimer and Orchestra - Roland Leistner-Mayer
- Concerto for Hammered Dulcimer and String Orchestrta - Paul Huber
Cimbalom & Dulcimer with various Ensembles
- Rhapsody No. 1 for Violin and Orchestra (Cimbalom) - Bela Bartok
- Moonlight Sonata (Dulcimer, Marimba, Vibraphone) - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Glitz! (Dulcimer, Vibraphone/Glockenspiel, Marimba) - Bjorn Berkhout
- Up Hill (Dulcimer, Vibraphone, Piano, Baritone-voice) - Bjorn Berkhout
- Hungarian Dance No. 1 (Cimbalom, Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Bass, opt. Piano) - Johannes Brahms
- Hungarian Dances Nos. 2 & 3 (Dulcimer/Cimbalom and Piano) - Johannes Brahms
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Dulcimer and Percussion Ensemble or Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Bass, Piano) - Johannes Brahms
- Brîu (Cimbalom and Piano or Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Bass, Piano) - Sergiu Creţu/arr. Valeriu Luţă
- Fantezie (Cimbalom and Piano or Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Bass, Piano) - Sergiu Creţu/arr. Valeriu Luţă
- Image, Reflection, Shadow (Cimbalom, Flute, Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Piano) - Peter Maxwell Davies
- Amnesia Variance (Dulcimer, Violin, Viola, Cello, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, Piano) - Lee Hyla
- Ragtime Igor - Stravinski
- Renard Igor - Stravinski
- Czárdás (Violin and Cimbalom or Cimbalom and Piano) - Monti